Recalls and Elections: The Top Food News of 2008 Best of 2008
Even though we’re not a news and events weblog, we try to keep up with the biggest food and cooking news each week. Here’s a look back at some of the top food news from 2008.
Posts pictured above in bold below.
• Soy was linked to male infertility.
• Apparently plants and crops need sunscreen too.
• Remember Cindy McCain and Recipegate?
• The biggest news, of course: an election that will hopefully lead to a renewed food policy in the United States.
• More stores are charging for plastic bags.
• One of the biggest beef recalls in history occurred in 2008.
• Big business ripped off little business. Story of the year in microcosm?
• Rising food costs and the economic downturn have been tough on food banks and other food-related charities.
• It still looks pretty bad on the tuna front.
• Urban agriculture and city chickens are growing in popularity.
A big thank you for all of those mentions, and to everyone else who reads The Kitchn daily and contributes to this community!