Raspberry Rosewater Cupcakes and How To Increase Your Spice Tolerance
Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we learned how spice wimps can increase their tolerance, the bartender way to make a “Stay Up Late,” which is basically a Tom Collins with cognac, and what happens when you bake brussels sprouts in blue cheese and parmesan. (Hint: You die, then go to heaven.)
• Spice Hunting: How To Increase Your Spice Tolerance – A helpful post on how to soften chile spices while keeping their flavor.
• Guest Bartender: Make the Stay Up Late with Theo Lieberman of Lantern’s Keep – This is a Tom Collins plus cognac, which adds terrific flavor and richness.
• Dinner Tonight: Creamy Brussels Sprouts Gratin with Blue Cheese – Brussels sprouts throw off their health mantle in the most positively decadent way.
• Let Them Eat: Raspberry Rosewater Cupcakes – Too pretty to eat? Maybe. But we think you’ll get over it.
• Wake and Bake: Butter Browned Cornbread – Extra coarse cornmeal fools people into thinking this cornbread recipe has nuts in it!
Previous Good Eats: Chocolate Oatmeal Pie, Farmer Cheese Pie, and Super Tasty Honey Biscuits
(Image: María del Mar Sacasa/Serious Eats)