Annie’s Caper Glazed Pasta with Ricotta and Pepper Quick Weeknight Meals Recipe Contest 2009
Recipe: Caper Glazed Pasta with Ricotta and Pepper
How long does it take? 20 minutes
Why is it a favorite meal? Quick ,always tasty, and the ricotta makes it refreshing.
Caper Glazed Pasta with Ricotta and Pepper
2/3 lb short pasta, whatever shape you like, i like cavatappi
1 large shallot, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tb capers (jarred in vinegar)
1 tb vinegar from caper jar
1 tb tomato paste
1/2 cup chicken broth (or veggie broth for a true vegetarian dish)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 large spoonful ricotta cheese for each serving
1. Cook pasta in large pot of salted water
2. While pasta is cooking, soften shallot and garlic in olive oil in a large pan. Add a bit of salt and pepper. not too much salt since the capers and caper vinegar will add some as well.
3. Once aromatics are softened, add capers and caper vinegar, broth, and tomato paste.
4. Reduce until you notice that the oil has turned red in the pan. There should be only a little left as it is only meant to glaze the pasta.
5. Add pasta into pan and coat with the glaze
6. Put into bowls and top with a scoop of ricotta, with a drizzle of olive oil and pinch of pepper on top of the scoop.
Thanks Annie, and good luck! Readers, give Annie a thumbs up if you like this recipe!
You could win some