Quick Rewards: Steamed Mussels for Dinner
For a dish that’s fast, easy, and luxurious, you really can’t beat a bowl of steamed mussels. They can be dinner for one (our preferred option!) or an appetizer for a crowd. Either way, fridge to table can’t take more than 15 minutes!
One of the easiest ways to prepare mussels is just to sauté some shallots and herbs, add the mussels, and pour in about a cup of good white wine. Cover the pot and let the mussels steam for about five minutes until all the mussels are open. Pour the mussels and the cooking broth into a bowl and serve with plenty of crusty bread!
If you want to break out of the mold a bit, try some of these recipes!
• Linguine with Mussels and Dandelion Greens from the Kitchn
• Portuguese-Style Mussels from Oprah Magazine
• Mussels with Basil Cream from Epicurious
• Coconut Curry Mussels from Food and Wine
• Alentejo Pork with Chorizo and Mussels from Every Day With Rachael Ray
• Smoked Chile Mussels from Chow.com
• Thai Mussels with Lemongrass, Basil, and Kafir Lime from Miss Chievous
What’s your favorite riff on basic steamed mussels?
Related: How to Clean and De-Beard Mussels