Getting dinner on the table during the week can be a feat even in the best of times. Making that happen when you're juggling a busy schedule can feel almost impossible. To avoid ordering takeout, eating a bowl of cereal, or grazing through the pantry, I lean on a roster of reliably quick and easy recipes.
From a one-pot taco soup to brown butter Parmesan pasta, these 20+ recipes are just what you need in your back pocket when you want a satisfying dinner but are short on time and energy.
Surprisingly Quick Meat and Seafood Mains
Meaty mains and seafood are not out of the question on busy nights — you just need to lean on recipes with quick cooking methods (like broiling) and smart ingredients (like thin chicken cutlets).
- Chicken Saltimbocca with Spinach and Potatoes
- How to Make Quick & Easy Sloppy Joes
- Spicy Skillet Shrimp with Tomatoes and White Beans
- Roasted Chicken Thighs with Fennel & Lemon
- Sheet Pan Crispy Salmon and Potatoes
- Crispy Paprika-Parmesan Fish Fillets with Sautéed Chard
- Easy Rosemary-Rubbed Pork Chops
- Broiled Steak & Asparagus with Feta Cream Sauce
Save the slow-simmered soups for the weekend. This weeknight-friendly lineup comes together in no more than 30 minutes, thanks to smart shortcuts like frozen tortellini and rotisserie chicken.
- Rotisserie Chicken Coconut Curry Soup
- Easy One-Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup
- Red Lentil Soup
- Gingery Poached Egg Soup
Tacos, Quesadillas, and Beyond
Any meal that starts with a stack of tortillas is guaranteed to be totally delicious. Bonus: You can rely on it coming together in no time without too much fuss.
- Fish Tacos with Quick Cabbage Slaw
- Roasted Mushroom and Poblano Tacos
- Chickpea and Cheddar Quesadillas
- Spinach and Refried Bean Quesadillas
- Loaded Black Bean Nachos
The Comfort of Pasta
Meet the top six reasons I always keep dried pasta in my pantry. Even when I don't feel like cooking and the clock is ticking, I know I can pull off each one of these recipes.