Quick and Light: 14 Ideas for Fresh and Easy Snacks
Snacking is a popular topic around here. A lot of our own lunches could be rightfully called snacks — a little nibble at 11am, and another at two o’clock. Here are fourteen of our favorite easy snacks, all refreshing and nourishing (and not too heavy or rich, either).
• 1 Kale chips – Bake up a pile of leafy greens into delicately crispy chips touched with sea salt and olive oil.
• 2 Deviled eggs – A two-bite powerhouse of protein and flavor.
• 3 Roasted chickpeas – Crunchy, toasty, and deliciously snacky.
• 4 Frozen (and steamed) edamame pods – Bright green edamame with a little salt is such a great lunch or snack.
• 5 Stuffed peppers – A few little peppers (from a jar is fine), stuffed with some good ham or a bite of cheese make a great lunchtime snack.
• 6 Homemade granola bars – Make a big batch with your favorite mix-ins then eat them for lunch and snacks.
• 7 Olives – We love a handful of olives as a snack in the afternoon.
• 8 Baked tofu – We really love chewy squares of baked tofu! They’re great on salads, or for nibbling by themselves.
• 9 Whole wheat crackers – Good crackers can be a good snack — with or without peanut butter or cheese.
• 10 Roasted almonds – We love roasted almonds with orange and paprika, or with oil and herbs.
• 11 Homemade granola – A handful of sweet and salty granola (preferably with dried cherries and pistachios) is a great mid-morning pickup.
• 12 A cup of plain yogurt – One of our favorite snacks is plain yogurt, so tangy and refreshing.
• 13 A quick tartine – Spread a piece of bread or a cracker with some goat cheese (or peanut butter) and a piece of radish or daikon (or a slice of banana!).
• 14 A piece of fruit – We saved the best for last; our favorite little snack is a sweet clementine or juicy plum.
What’s your favorite light and/or easy snack?
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)