10 Speedy & Delicious Puff Pastry Desserts
We’re all familiar with the question often asked before heading out to a party: what can we bring? Usually the answer is “just yourselves” and you grab a bottle of wine on the way out the door. But for times when you’re asked to bring a quick dessert, puff pastry is your new best friend.
We talked about puff pastry a few weeks ago on The Kitchn and how wonderful it can be as a quick solution to appetizers. You essentially thaw it, slice it, fill it and bake it. The same can really be said about using it for desserts. A simple tart is as quick as rolling the pastry out, topping it with fruit, brushing it with a little glaze and baking it in the oven. Here are a few of our favorite quick puff pastry dessert recipes:
• Spring Dessert: Rhubarb Tart with Orange Glaze – The Kitchn Archives
• Quick and Easy Apple Tart: The Pioneer Woman
• Puff Pastry Tart with Pears – Grand Central Baking Co.
• Puff Pastry Pinwheel Cookies with Jam – Epicurious
• Puff Pastry with Sabayon Custard and Strawberries – Foodie Crush
• Meyer Lemon Pastry – Martha Stewart
• Apple Turnovers – Simply Recipes
• Mixed Berry Tart in Puff Pastry Heart – Oprah
• Chocolate Custard Tartletts – La Mia Vita Dolce
• Nutella Puff Pastry (as pictured) – A Sweet Spoonful