One-Bite Ice Cream: 7 Bon Bon Recipes
Over the fourth of July week, I visited my mom in Upstate New York as I’ve done each year for about five summers in a row. The only spot to buy groceries where she lives is one very large grocery store, and there are more treats in the freezer than I generally stock in my own. And so began my love affair with ice cream bon bons.
I have a vague memory of eating ice cream bon bons on the couch with my sisters as a little girl, and you can probably find a version of them at your local movie theater. But you can also make your own and store them in the freezer for the moments when an ice cream craving strikes yet a whole bowl of dessert seems over-the-top.
These recipes are nice because they range widely in difficulty, so you can choose how much time and effort you’d like to contribute. Some call for store-bought ice cream and a quick melting of chocolate. Others walk you through making your own seasonal ice cream. There’s chocolate, mint, deluxe brownies and even a vegan option — something for everyone, really.
So I’m taking what seemed like a decadent vacation treat and turning into more of a summertime habit around here. Perhaps you’ll follow?
Try a Recipe:
- Mint Chip Ice Cream Bon Bons – Food Plus Words
- Ice Cream Bon Bon Pops – Food and Wine
- Milk Chocolate Ice Cream Bon Bons – Martha Stewart
- Chunky Monkey “Ice Cream” Bon Bons – Nom Nom Paleo
- Creamy Orange Bon Bons – The Food Network
- Boysenberry Grand Marnier Ice Cream Bon Bons – Epicurious
- Brownie Sundae Bon Bons – Bakerella
(Images: Food Plus Words)