Besides just being beautiful, Mason jars are an invaluable tool in the kitchen. I love packing my lunches for work in them, storing ingredients in them, and, of course, preserving food in them during canning season (hello, homemade tomato sauce!). The only question you have to ask yourself is which color Mason jar to buy. The clear ones are a classic choice, but the various colored ones — like blue, green, and purple — make things extra special.
Want to make meal prepping a little more stylish? You can buy 12 pint-sized purple Mason jars for $34 on Amazon. There are currently only 19 orders left in stock (as I type this), so get 'em while you can.
There are many brands of Mason jars you can buy, but everyone knows Ball jars are the best. The clear ones are less than half the price of the purple ones, but that's the price you pay for beauty.
These Ball jars have about 30 reviews on Amazon, with close to a five-star rating. The positive reviews exclaim that they are beautiful. The only negative reviews talk about an annoying sticker that Ball places on the lids that is hard to get rid of.
Things to Do with Your New Mason Jars
- A Short History of the Mason Jar
- 10 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do in a Mason Jar
- Eat Like Royalty on the Road With Mason Jar Meals
- Best Spice Storage Solution: Mason Jars
- 5 Times the Lid Is More Useful than the Jar
- How To Make a Citronella Candle in a Mason Jar
- How To Make Homemade Sauerkraut in a Mason Jar
- The Mason Jar Blender Trick: Do You Know About This?
- Instant Mac and Cheese Mix in a Mason Jar