Professional Surfer and Vegan Blogger Tia Blanco Shares What’s in Her Shopping Cart This Week
Is it just us, or does it sometimes feel like everyone at the grocery store has it all figured out? It’s like every other shopper got some secret memo that never got passed along. There is no secret memo, though. To prove it to you, we talked to four busy people to find out what they shop for. Take a look in their carts …
One look at Tia Blanco’s Instagram will make you want to immediately book a tropical vacation, or at least whip up a big grain bowl with purple rice and lots of dark, leafy greens. Blanco is a professional surfer with her eye on the 2020 Olympics — which is the first time surfing will be an Olympic sport — and she’s also a dedicated vegan with a passion for whole foods and plant-based recipes. Her Insta scroll features a menu of smoothies, vegan cheesecakes, homemade pho, and grain bowls that would make even omnivores drool.
Blanco has been vegetarian her entire life and vegan since she was 15, so she knows her way around cruelty-free products and plant-based cooking. She talked to us about what’s in her grocery cart and the products she keeps around for her favorite smoothies, bowls, and vegan burgers.
5 Groceries Tia Blanco Bought Recently
- The Beyond Burger, $6 for 1/2 pound: The Beyond Burger is something I always gravitate towards at the grocery store and make sure I stock up on! It has the taste and texture of meat, but comes with the upsides of a plant-based meal. I use it for burgers as well as tacos, pasta sauce, bowls, etc.
- Brad’s Crunchy Nacho Kale, $40 for 12 two-ounce bags: I love cheesy, vegan, flavored kale chips! I always have kale chips with me when I travel.
- Sky Valley Organic Teriyaki Sauce, $6 for 15 ounces at Thrive Market: I use Sriracha, pineapple, and teriyaki sauce to infuse some of my favorite Hawaiian flavors into the Beyond Burger. It’s a tropical take on the classic burger toppings, while still being super savory.
- Coconut Secret Organic Coconut Aminos, $5 for 8 ounces and Bragg Nutritional Yeast Seasoning, $5 for 4.5 ounces at Thrive Market: I like to use these coconut aminos and nutritional yeast for flavor in my bowls.
- VeganSmart Peaches and Cream by Tia Blanco, $37 for 22.8 ounces at VeganSmart: I also like to do a nutrition packed smoothie for breakfast or lunch with superfoods along with my signature peaches and cream protein powder.
Have you tried any of these groceries? Tell us about them in the comments below!