13 Vintage Tomato-Themed Kitchen Goods
Over the years there have been a shocking number of kitchen goods made in the shape of tomatoes. We scoured Etsy and eBay to find a few of our favorites. From a ketchup bottle phone to a novelty lighter, here are just a few goods inspired by tomatoes.
- 1 Tomato Teapot by Pantry Parade, $60 from Etsy: This is one of our favorite items on the list. It dates from the mid-twentieth century, and will be a definite conversation starter at your next dinner party.
- 2 Slotted Spoon, $19 from Etsy: One of the few things on our list that isn’t tomato red, this silver slotted spoon has a lovely tomato pattern in the center.
- 3 Campbell’s Tomato Soup Can Opener, $18 from ebay: For the die-hard tomato soup fan, this Campbell’s electric opener just might be a must-have appliance.
4 Salt & Pepper Shakers, $10 from Etsy: Just think how much better your caprese salad or gazpacho will be if you season it using these tomato salt and pepper shakers.
- 5 Candy Dish, $13 from Etsy: If you don’t want to use this little lidded, porcelain tomato as a candy dish, set it by your sink to hold your rings while you cook or clean up.
- 6 Tomato Juice Glasses & Decanter, $15 from ebay: Sunday brunch just got a whole lot better with this decanter set. We’ll be mixing up a batch of Bloody Marys immediately.
- 7 Bistro Apron, $8 from Etsy:We were shocked by the number of “anthropomorphic” tomato items we came across. Some how this tomato apron seemed more friendly than creepy than the planters, salt and pepper shakers, and figurines we encountered.
- 8 Market Baskets, $14 each from Etsy: Take these baskets to you farmers’ market or just use them for storing your CSA bounty in the kitchen, either way you can’t go wrong.
- 9 Enamel Pot, $36 from Etsy: The best part about this adorable little retro pot is the leaf-shaped handles. We can just imagine using it to heat up some homemade tomato soup.
- 10 Vintage Mann Tomato Decorative Plate, $14 from Etsy: No, you can’t eat dinner off of this plate, but it comes complete with mounting hardware so you can hang it on your kitchen wall instead.
- 11 Set of 3 Campbell’s Soup Mugs, $14 from Etsy: Whether you use these for your morning coffee or for your favorite tomato soup, they’ll be a welcome addition to your cupboard.
- 12 Novelty Tomato Lighter, $5 from ebay: Keep this tomato lighter handy for lighting candles just before dinner guests arrive.
- 13 Heinz Tomato Ketchup Telephone, $20 from ebay: Okay, this isn’t technically a kitchen tool, but it could become your new kitchen phone. If you still have a landline that is.