With apologies to our vegetarian friends, this has to be our favorite way to make potato salad. If it has hard-boiled eggs in it, too, all the better.
Get some recipes below...
Classic German potato salads have bacon in them, usually with mustard, but our favorites still have a creamy mayonnaise dressing or else a simple vinaigrette. The saltiness and chewiness of bacon next to buttery potatoes is just too good.
While we know plenty of people who aren't fans of hard-boiled eggs, we think the bacon-egg combination is delicious. Some of the recipes below have eggs, others don't.
This type of potato salad is definitely not a light dish. It's meaty and dense and full of big flavors. And leftovers are perfect for breakfast the next morning...
Recipes from around the web:
- Warm Potato Salad with Bacon from Epicurious (pictured above)
- Potato Salad with Bacon and Egg, from How To Cook Like Your Grandmother
- Yam and Russet Potato Salad with Greens and Bacon at Epicurious
- Super Potato Salad from Bon Appétit
- Julia's American Style Potato Salad from the Food Network
- Emeril's Favorite Potato Salad
- Texas Country Potato Salad from the Food Network*
*This is our stand-by recipe in the summer.
Related: 10 Takes on Potato Salad
(Image: Mikkel Vang for Gourmet)