We know. Cleaning products- how sexy. We're not saying dishwashing liquid is for everybody, but we'd actually be delighted to get some pretty new scrubbers and soaps in our stockings. And think about it: Everyone has to clean up. Why not make the process smell better, feel better, look better? We've got ten cool items that are all eco-friendly. How's that for peace (and cleanliness) on Earth?
• 1. Dishwashing tools from Full Circle. Faith and her husband have been using these for a while now and love their elegant, simple design. Plus, they look more expensive than they are (most tools are under $10).
• 2. Method Home Smarty Dish Detergent in Pink Grapefruit, $6.50. Such a bright, cheery little tub of dishwashing pellets! Method is a good standby in the green cleaning category- easy to find at most stores. Check out the site for gift packs, too.
• 3. Sponge Blossoms from Twist, $5.25 at Greenfeet. We've seen these at Whole Foods, too. They're biodegradable sponges that pop up when you get them wet. We love those kinds of sponges. Easy to store!
• 4. Twist Hemp Ravioli Scrubby Sponge, $3.95. Another cute product from Twist. A ravioli "filled" with a sponge.
• 6. Better Life Even the Kitchen Sink Gentle Scrubber, $6.99 at Walgreens. A really funky, cool line of products, and this gives you a little abrasive action for tough pots.
• 7. Tawashi Dish Scrubbers. The editors at Ohdeedoh did a whole roundup of these hand-knitted dish cloths. We love the ones from Etsy seller Laksaware.
• 9. Lola Bamboo Tampico Dish Brush, $5.85 at Amazon. Tampico is a natural fiber made from the Agave plant. Apparently it's soft when wet and tough when dry. We also really like the smooth, bamboo handle.
• 10. Misprint Waste Can, $24 at Viva Terra. Cleaning up involves garbage, too. These cans are made from recycled sheet metal.
Related: Gifts for Good Causes