10 Easy Pasta Dishes with Bacon
Plus, it leaves all that liquid fat in the pan, and you know what that’s good for: sautéing onions, garlic, and vegetables. Then all you need is some cheese, maybe a little cream (mmm), and a batch of freshly boiled pasta.
Do you have a favorite bacon pasta dish? Here are 10 that look fabulous to us.
• 1. Bacon and Parmesan Pasta, from Tasty Kitchen via Dine and Dish. Very similar to a carbonara but less eggy, more creamy.
• 2. Pasta with Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta, from the Kitchn. The thin little ribbons of sprouts are delicious; just sub in bacon for the pancetta.
• 3. Squash, Bacon, and Goat Cheese Pasta with Basil, from the Kitchn. Yes, these are very summery ingredients, but goat cheese and bacon are great together, so use that as a jumping off point. You can skip the basil (and squash is pretty easy to find year-round).
• 4. Pasta Carbonara from the Pioneer Woman. Here’s Emma’s review of the simple, satisfying bacon-and-egg dish.
• 5. Penne with Acorn Squash and Pancetta, from the Kitchn. Soft chunks of squash, crispy bites of bacon—this might be our favorite fall pasta.
• 6. One Pot Pasta with Broccoli Rabe and Bacon, from Everyday Food. Another classic combination—bacon and bright green broccoli.
• 7. Tagliatelle with Chestnuts, Pancetta, and Sage, from Gourmet. Are you a fan of chestnuts? This is full of fall flavors. Might be a good side dish for Thanksgiving.
• 8. Ricotta Pasta with Fava Beans and Bacon, from the Kitchn. Make it easier with frozen green peas.
&bul; 9. Creamy Pasta with Tomato, Bacon, and Ricotta, from the Kitchn. Another one with a quick, gooey ricotta sauce.
• 10. Roasted Butternut Squash and Bacon Pasta, from Cooking Light. A beautiful baked pasta that can be made ahead of time!