Pop-Tarts to Gold Fish: 7 Snack Foods to Make at Home
A friend of mine recently asked for help brainstorming some good DIY junk food ideas for a party she’s going to in a few weeks. We had so much fun finding recipes for things like homemade snickers, oreos, and pop-tarts that I just had to share! Have you ever tried making anything like this at home?
• Homemade Pop-Tarts from Joanne Chang’s Flour Bakery – These have been hanging out on my list ever since we first posted about them last year.
• Homemade Mallomars from The Kitchn – A bit labor intensive to make these, but so very worth it.
• Homemade Candy Bars from Chow.com – Peanut butter cups, snickers bars, almond joys, twix…hoooo boy!
• Vanilla Snack Cakes from King Arthur Flour – These are your basic Twinkies, but probably several orders of magnitude better.
• Homemade Oreos from Smitten Kitchen – So cute! All you need is a glass of milk.
• Deliciously Dandy Ding Dongs from Tasty Kitchen – These are always a winner in my book.
Any others that you’ve made at home? Or wish you could make at home?!
Related: DIY Recipe: Gingerbread Lattsauté
(Images: Poptarts – courtesy of Chronicle Books, copyright Keller + Keller, Cheddar Crackers – Emma Christensen)