Popcorn Snack Attack! 8 Awesome Toppings for Popcorn
When it comes to snacking, we are devout popcorn fans. It’s quick to make, travels well, and never fails to hit the spot. We have a fondness for popcorn that’s simply tossed with a little melted butter and kosher salt. But when the desire for something fancier hits, we immediately turn to the spice cupboard.
We always toss the popcorn with melted butter or a drizzle of olive oil before adding any of the toppings. It helps the spices and herbs to stick to the individual kernels. In all cases, we use around a tablespoon of spice mix for a 6 cup batch of popped corn.
• Herbes de Provence – Light and savory, perfect for an afternoon snack
• Chili Powder – We love the spicy smoky flavor with the popcorn
• Lemon Zest and Cracked Pepper – The zest gets so fragrant!
• Chinese 5-Spice Powder – Warm spices make this a sweet treat
• Furikake – This Japanese seasoning is full of umami goodness
• Nutritional Yeast – Sounds strange, but this adds a cheesy flavor!
• Powdered Sugar – A quick version of kettle-corn
• Browned Butter and Salt – Nutty and caramel-sweet, like a cross between kettle and caramel corn
What other toppings do you like on your popcorn?
Related: How to Make Popcorn