Planning the Vegetarian Holiday Meal: 5 Show-Stopping Main Courses
I was a vegetarian for years and years and truthfully, even today, turkey isn’t at all my favorite part of Thanksgiving. And ham doesn’t do much for me at Christmas. Instead, I tend to geek out over new vegetable side dishes and flavor-filled herby stuffing. But I remember the days where it did feel like vegetarian options were slim at the holiday table. They don’t have to be.
Vegetarians and even vegans can fare just fine with side dishes during the holidays. But then there’s often the feeling that they’re piecing together a meal rather than having an actual main dish at the center. I never actually minded this myself, but I know many folks who do.
So I gathered together some hearty, satisfying, and special vegetarian recipes that are likely to make that person in your life very happy this year.
5 Show-stopping Recipes:
• Stuffed Acorn Squash with Quinoa and Herbs (pictured) – A Couple Cooks
• Celery Root, Persimmon and Swiss Chard “Stuffing” – Martha Stewart
• Mushroom and Farro Pie – Gourmet
• Artichoke Rosemary Tart with Polenta Crust – Food Wanderings
• Acorn Squash Stuffed With Chard and White Beans – Eating Well
What’s your favorite vegetarian main dish for a holiday or special occasion?
(Image: A Couple Cooks)