Piral Italian Terra Cotta Cookware
Do you ever cook in terra cotta pots, or bake in terra cotta pans? We like how flexible terra cotta cookware is; these pots from Sur La Table can go on the stove and in the oven, and they look awfully pretty on the table too. Plus the price is just right.
This pot, also pictured above, is the bombata. It’s nearly six quarts, and it has a crystalline nonstick glaze.
This pot is called a tegame, and it has handles to go easily from stove to oven.
This cookware is made in the Italian city of Albisola; the factory there has been making pottery for a long time. We love the old-fashioned shapes and beautiful colors of this cookware. We’re still curious about cooking in terra cotta, too – does anyone have experience with this sort of cookware?
• Terra Cotta Bombata, on sale for $39.95 at Sur La Table
• Terra Cotta Tegame, on sale for $34.95 at Sur La Table
More terra cotta and clay tools for the kitchen
• Good Product: Black Chamba Ware
• Stefani Terracotta Water Coolers and Purifiers
• Best Product: Brown Sugar Saver
• Terra Cotta Bread Warmer from JBK Pottery
Get the Kitchn Daily in your inbox.