With the competition from juicy sun-ripened peaches on the one side and crisp fall apples on the other, we sometimes feel like plums get overlooked. But we've always loved their musky aroma, softly sweet flavor, and even their oddly chewy flesh. We're determined to give them their full due this year.
1. Gingered Blackberry and Plum Shortcakes from Martha Stewart - We can practically taste this already.
2. Yogurt Panna Cotta with Fresh Plums from Epicurious - This has to be one of the most delicious pairing of flavors and textures ever.
3. Plum Sorbet with Lemon Verbena Cream from the Kitchn - This immediately went on our list when Faith posted it a few weeks ago.
4. Roasted Plum and Creamy Chai Rice Pudding from Tartelette - We want this immediately. Tonight. Maybe instead of dinner.
5. Orange Polenta Cake with Vanilla Scented Plums and Buttermilk Ice Cream from Bon Appétit - There's a lot going on with this dish, but ever part of it sounds divine.
6. Dimply Plum Cake from Smitten Kitchen - A take on Dorie Greenspan's classic cake.
Which dessert would you make first?
(Image: Martha Stewart)