The Pantone Color of the Year Has Been Announced — And It’s Polarizing
The Pantone Color of the Year for 2018 was announced this morning, and our fellow commuters and staffers had a lot to say about it. Nope, it’s not another shade of pink. Can you guess what it is? Here’s a hint: People either love it (like, really love it) or hate it.
The answer: Ultra Violet. As in, a super deep and saturated purple.
If you’ve ever seen Breaking Bad, you know that there are purple people (ahem, Marie Schrader) and there are non-purple people. Very rarely do you meet someone who is on the fence about purple. And when it comes to kitchens (because, hi, we’re called Kitchn and we have to talk about kitchens), it’s a hard color to pull off.
Case in point: A few weeks ago, we told you guys that Le Creuset will release a new light lavender color in March and Facebook users left a couple hundred comments in just an hour or two.
“Ultra Violet can transform a room into one of extraordinary self-expression, or conversely its polish can tone down a room with subdued, modern pairings,” the press release explains. “As a color that can take you in so many directions, Ultra Violet makes a statement in any space, whether it’s one of tradition and elegance or unexpected boldness.”
In the spirit of giving everything a shot, we’ve rounded up 10 purple kitchen finds that match with the Pantone Color of the Year. Take a look and then let us know what you think in the comments below.
10 Ways to Bring Ultra Violet into Your Kitchen
- Marais A Side Chair, $195 at Industry West
- Gold Rimmed Agate Coaster, $106 for four at Wayfair
- Chrome-Plated Steel Small Dish Rack, $22
- Artisan Series 5-Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, $460 at KitchenAid
- Beak Carafe, $92 at MoMA Design Store
- Oster 2-Slice Toaster, $23 at Walmart
- 7-Quart Crock-Pot Slow Cooker, $35 at Kohl’s
- Brita Grand 10-Cup Water Pitcher, $22 at Target
- Winged Corkscrew, $30 at Savora Style
- Bormioli Rocco Palatina Cooler Glasses, $37 at Bed Bath & Beyond
Yay or nay to Ultra Violet?