Along with the sparklers, thick-cut wedges of watermelon, and juicy burgers from the grill, the very best part of any Fourth of July celebration is the dessert spread. It's a day to call up crowd favorites and summertime classics like no-bake icebox cake, patriotic trifle, jammy blueberry pie, and gooey s'more brownies. Here are 20 of our most popular Fourth of July desserts that are sure to wow the whole crowd.
Cobblers, Crisps, and Crumbles
When it comes to turning an abundance of sweet summer fruit into dessert, you can never go wrong with cobblers, crisps, and crumbles. These classic desserts work with just about any fruit you have on hand, come together with little effort, and are always great for serving to a crowd.
- How To Make a Cobbler with Any Fruit
- Slow-Cooker Peach and Blueberry Cobbler
- Blueberry Skillet Cobbler with Whole-Wheat Biscuits
- How To Make a Fruit Crumble with Any Kind of Fruit
- Tart Cherry Crumble
Brownies and Bars
Brownies, lemon bars, and Rice Krispies treats are a summertime potluck staple, and these versions are the very best of the bunch.
- Super-Thin Chocolate Brownies
- S'more Brownies
- No-Bake Sheet Pan Lemon Yogurt Tart
- How To Make Better-than-the-Box Rice Krispies Treats
- Heavenly Lemon Bars with Almond Shortbread Crust
Cakes and Pies
These crowd favorites lean on all the best fruits of the moment for a sweet treat that feels fresh and flavorful. Just don't forget the whipped cream and vanilla ice cream!
- Easy Summer Cake with Fruit & Cream
- Towering Strawberry Shortcake
- Blackberry and Nectarine Upside-Down Sheet Cake
- Strawberry Slab Pie
- Blueberry Pie
Of course, no Fourth of July spread would be complete without a no-bake dessert. Whether you start with a store-bought angel food or pound cake for an easy-to-assemble trifle, layer up a creamy icebox cake, or whip up a no-bake pie, these treats will surely win over your crowd.