In what we can only assume is Amazon's attempt to take over the world, the online giant launched its own brand of snack foods and drinks in December. The adorably named Wickedly Prime line even features the cheeky arrow smiley we all know and love — this time with a little satisfied tongue.
The items are exclusively available to Prime members (seriously, if you're not a Prime member yet, get on it!) and, wait for it, they're really good! There aren't a ton of items available right now, but reps say more items will be added in the coming months.
Join now: Amazon Prime
We recently got a giant basket of treats, which we then ate promptly. Here are our thoughts on our five favorite items.
- Salted Cocoa Truffle Spread, $10 for two (13.2-ounce) containers: It's not exactly like Nutella, and honestly that's why we liked it so much. (You can always buy Nutella on Amazon!) This jar was just as smooth and creamy as the iconic hazelnut spread, but it was also salty and had a hint of caramel. Meaning: It was even more indulgent than its competitor.
- Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies, $16 for four packs of 14 cookies: One of our staffers said she didn't even like crispy chocolate chip cookies (she prefers the soft, chewy variety) — while she shoved giant cookie bit after giant cookie bit into her mouth. We're guessing you might make the same exception.
- Sweet 'n' Cheesy Popcorn Mix, $15 for three 12-ounce bags: If you're from Chicagoland, or just love those popcorn tins that pop up (ha!) in drugstores during the holidays, you may love combining caramel- and cheddar-flavored popcorn. There are tons of companies bagging up this combo, but we loved how much fluff and air each piece in this bag seemed to have. Plus, every kernel was generously covered in sweet or savory topping.
- Delicious Hibiscus Organic Herbal Tea, $5.50 for box of 15: A frequent tea drinker on staff first commented on the prettiness of the tea bags (she could actually see real pieces of hibiscus, lemon peels, and blackberry leaves in each satchel). After brewing a cup, she also said the sweet and slightly floral tea was flavorful but not overpowering the way some flowery teas can be.
- Plantain Chips, $14 for four 12-ounce bags: Much thinner than other plantain chips I've had in the past, these offered more of that potato chip-like crunch I'm always craving. A coworker agreed ... and then walked away with the bag.