Our Favorite Online Shop for All Things Hygge
No, it’s not IKEA. Well, IKEA is one of our favorite shops for cozy Scandinavian finds, but there’s a site that offers way more. From the classic designers and iconic brands to lacquered oak chairs and the sleekest smoke alarms you’ve ever seen, the Finnish Design Shop has all the things a hygge-lover could want — and more.
Need proof? Here are 10 items we’re currently drooling over on the site.
- Porter Kitchen Roll Holder, $38: We’ll buy basically anything that Hay makes, and we’d like to buy at least one of these paper towel holders. You can never have too many paper towel holders, right?
- Carronde 160 Spot Pendant, $350: Hang one of these over your sink and you’ll be in the spotlight anytime you wash dishes.
- Wire Basket, from $72: Where else would you corral your yarn balls (for knitting!), firewood (for fires!), and magazines (for reading!)? These baskets from Ferm Living couldn’t be more attractive if they tried.
- Theo Teapot, $88: You can’t achieve ultimate hygge without tea. This Stelton teapot — in black-brown stoneware with a cast iron finish — can help.
- AJ City Hall Wall Clock, $189: Famous Danish architect and designer Arne Jacobsen used to create clocks for his buildings. This is a reproduction of the timepiece he made for the Rødovre Town Hall in 1956.
- Wine Carafe with Oak Stopper, $26: Even if you don’t have a bottle of Scandinavian wine, we’re guessing you can put this carafe from Sagaform to good use.
- Bottle Grinder, $61 for two: These grinders, made by Menu, feature a ceramic grinding mechanism and rest upside down, so you won’t scatter errant pepper all over the table.
- Siena Blanket, $180: Cozy up and get all hygge with this wool blanket from Artek.
- Pocket Shelf, $122: How cute would this little shelf look in a kitchen? We’re picturing it loaded up with napkins or juice glasses.
- Knot Cushion, $89: Made of stuffed wool tubing, this chunky pillow will give you all the support you need while you sip coffee and read a book.