Fall cookbook season is the home cook's Super Bowl. In autumn many publishers release the best cookbooks of the year in preparation for the holiday season, and 2017 is no exception. This fall we can look forward to gems like Smitten Kitchen's cookbook centered around unfussy but delicious dinner recipes, New York Times food editor Melissa Clark's recipes for the Instant Pot, and many more. Here's a look into the cookbooks we're most excited about this fall.
There are a few key cookbooks coming out this fall that are designed to make your weeknight dinner more delicious and less fussy. Former Bon Appétit editor Alison Roman is publishing her first cookbook which promises to be great, and everyone's favorite food blogger Deb Perelman is back again with new dinner favorites for all.
- The Home Cook: Recipes to Know by Heart by Alex Guarnaschelli (September 26)
- Dining In: Highly Cookable Recipes by Alison Roman (October 24)
- Smitten Kitchen Every Day: Triumphant and Unfussy New Favorites by Deb Perelman (October 24)
Cookbooks with a Point of View
There are a pile of cookbooks coming out this fall that are a deep-dive into cookware like Melissa Clark's book on the Instant Pot. Then there are a few cookbooks coming out that explore the cuisine of America, including Sean Sherman's book on the indigenous kitchen. And we can't forget the tome on bread by Nathan Myhrvold and Francisco Migoya, which promises to be nothing short of epic.
- My Rice Bowl: Korean Cooking Outside the Lines by Rachel Yang and Jess Thomson (September 26)
- Feed the Resistance: Recipes + Ideas for Getting Involved by Julia Turshen (October 3)
- Cherry Bombe: The Cookbook by Kerry Diamond and Claudia Wu (October 10)
- The Sioux Chef's Indigenous Kitchen by Sean Sherman (October 10)
- Dinner in an Instant: 75 Modern Recipes for Your Pressure Cooker, Multicooker, and Instant Pot by Melissa Clark (October 17)
- Meehan's Bartender Manual by Jim Meehan (October 17)
- The Chef and the Slow Cooker by Hugh Acheson (October 17)
- Homegrown: Cooking from My New England Roots by Matt Jennings (October 17)
- America The Great Cookbook edited by Joe Yonan (October 31)
- Modernist Bread: The Art and Science by Nathan Myhrvold and Francisco Migoya (November 7)
We don't talk about restaurants very often on Kitchn, but we make a big exception for cookbooks. This fall London chef Ottolenghi is releasing a cookbook on sweets, and the people behind Publican, a beloved Chicago joint, are releasing their first cookbook.
- Cheers to the Publican, Repast and Present: Recipes and Ramblings from an American Beer Hall by Paula Kahan, Cosmo Goss, Rachel Holtzman (September 19)
- The Moosewood Restaurant Table: 250 Brand-New Recipes from the Natural Foods Restaurant That Revolutionized Eating in America by The Moosewood Collective (September 26)
- Sweet: Desserts from London's Ottolenghi by Yotam Ottolenghi and Helen Goh (October 3)
- Night + Market: Delicious Thai Food to Facilitate Drinking and Fun-Having Amongst Friends by Kris Yenbamroong and Garrett Snyder (October 3)
- State Bird Provisions: A Cookbook by Stuart Brioza, Nicole Krasinski, and JJ Goode (October 24)
- The Sullivan Street Bakery Cookbook by Jim Lahey (November 7)
What cookbooks are you most excited for this fall? Let us know in the comments!