Order Up! Restaurant Meals to Make at Home
Don’t get us wrong – we love going out to eat! Especially the part about not having to do the dishes. But Faith’s idea to use restaurant menus as inspiration made us think that it might be fun to try our hand at some of those dishes that seem too unfamiliar or crazy or complicated to make at home. Especially when we have a recipe to follow!
• Leek and Pea Risotto with Grilled Calamari from Gourmet – When’s the last time we made calamari at home?!
• Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks in Pinot Noir from Leite’s Culinaria – This sounds right off the dinner menu at a fancy French restaurant.
• Pad Thai from Mark Bittman for The Minimalist/NY Times – Bittman claims we can make this in a half an hour. Perfect.
• Warm Teriyaki Beef Salad from Epicurious – We always love this combination of salty-sweet beef with crisp greens.
• Fisherman’s Paella from Saveur – With such a reputation for difficulty, this recipe actually looks like something we could do!
• Chinese Minced Chicken Wraps from Saveur – We seem to order these whenever we eat at our favorite Chinese restaurant.
What restaurant meals have you made at home?
(Image: Romulo Yanes/Gourmet)