Blogging NPR: Figgy Pudding and Fat Goose
National Public Radio quietly and steadily provides some of the best food coverage around, and yet we often miss the best stories.
We did catch Dorie Greenspan the other day in this segment: Now, You Can Bring Us Some Figgy Pudding and were delighted with the way that “figgy pudding” sounds over the radio. (Say it out loud… Figgy pudding.) That’s NPR regular Michele Norris about to light her pudding for a dramatic presentation. You can find the recipe and more photos on the story page.
Click through for links to more good stuff that we plan to catch up with over Christmas break – including Nigella, wines of the season, and the skinny on goose fat…
More Food Coverage from NPR
• Wines of the Season – Sparkling wines as great gifts.
• Marketplace Report: Cage-Free Eggs -The world’s largest food service provider, Compass Group, is now requiring that all their eggs be from cage-free hens.
• How to Cook a Goose – Learn from the author’s mistakes.
• Nigella Lawson Offers Time-Saving Tips and some great recipes too.
• From the Kitchen Window online blog exclusives come Smitten Kitchen Deb’s Beyond Potstickers: A Dumpling-Lover’s Confession and a piece on the pleasures of chocolate and bourbon – together.