Not Just for Babies! Beaba Multiportion Freezer Trays
These pretty freezer trays are intended to hold single servings of baby food. But looking at them now, I’m thinking that we grown-ups can make good use of them, too. Especially when it comes to quick-fix midweek meals.
I came across these trays while looking up alternatives to Ball’s Freezer Jars, but since they only hold two ounces, I originally dismissed them as being too small to be useful. But then I got to thinking about all the small-sized things a tray like this could be used for:
• Summer pesto
• Portioned fruit for morning smoothies
• Leftover pasta sauce in individual servings
• Small portions of sorbet and ice cream
• Chicken and vegetable stock
• Freezer jam and other freezer canning
• Big ice cubes for cocktails and punch bowls
• Mold for jello, panna cotta, and other molded desserts
The trays are made of a flexible silicone, so it’s easy to pop out just what you need. The trays have tight-fitting lids that make them easy to stack, though you could also remove all the portions after freezing and store them in a freezer bag.
Do you use a Baeba Tray for freezing things other than baby food?
Find It! Beaba Multiportion Freezer Trays, $24.95 from Williams-Sonoma
(Image: Williams Sonoma)