Noosa Just Released 5 New Yogurts That Are Basically Dessert
In the seven years that Noosa yogurt has been on the market, it has gained quite a loyal following. Compared to the low-fat Greek yogurt trend of the last decade, Noosa doesn’t shy away from fat. The resulting yogurt is decadently creamy and rich, making it an equally viable option for breakfast or dessert.
The latest innovation from the Colorado-based company goes a little more mainstream along the lines of Chobani and Fage. Last month Noosa announced it was going to release a new line of yogurt called “mates,” which basically combines their yogurt with a small packet of mix-ins.
There are five new yogurt flavors in the “mates” line.
- Coconut Almond Chocolate: Coconut yogurt with chocolate chunks, toasted coconut, and almond slivers.
- Banana Chocolate Peanut: Banana yogurt with chocolate chunks, banana chips, and roasted peanuts.
- Honey Cranberry Almond: Honey yogurt with granola, pepitas, dried cranberries, and roasted almonds.
- Honey Pretzel Peanut: Honey yogurt with salted pretzels, roasted peanuts, and chocolate chunks.
- Maple Ginger: Yogurt with maple syrup, granola, candied ginger, and gingersnap crumbles.
Compared to other yogurt companies, these new mix-ins definitely seem more like candy or dessert than something targeted towards breakfast. After all, three of the yogurts have chocolate mix-ins and one of them has actual gingersnap cookies. The Honey Cranberry Almond flavor is the only one that seems more breakfast-focused, because it only includes granola, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, and roasted almonds.
The new “mates” line comes in 5.5-ounce containers — their normal containers without the mix-ins are 8 ounces. A quick look online indicates that they retail at about $3.50 per container, but this might vary depending on your grocery store.
Have you tried any of these new flavors? Do you have a favorite? Or are you dying to try one in particular? Let us know in the comments!