is our 2014 Favorite Sweets & Baking Winner!
Thank you to everyone who voted on our 10 finalists in the Sweets & Baking Blog category. Five of the finalists were chosen by you through nomination count, and the other five were chosen by our judges.
Congrats to the winner and make sure to check out ALL the great blogs mentioned in The Homies this year!
See Winners in All the Categories
Home Design Categories
Notes from the Judges
A few select quotes from the judges on their picks:
Nothing in the House: A Pie Blog: A lot of talk about pies focuses on Grandma’s favorite recipe or a pie that won a blue ribbon at some county or state fair. It’s about the past. In her prettily photographed and smartly written Nothing in the House, Emily Hilliard gives us lots of brilliant ideas, both sweet and savory, like Chocolate Orange Pie with Mascarpone Cream and Buffalo Chicken Fried Pies, that nod to the past but prove that the pie category has lots of room to grow.
Eat The Love: I can't get enough! Featuring Irvin Lin's hilariously self-deprecating wit, drop-dead-gorgeous photographs, and decadent recipes, this blog never fails to stimulate my appetite and tickle my funny bone. I don't often indulge in sweet treats, but Eat The Love always feeds my cravings for brilliant writing and insanely great recipes.
All of the Nominees
The Homies at a Glance
- Week 1 - Nomination: Nominate your favorite home design and cooking blogs from Friday, February 14 - Friday, February 21 (until midnight EST). Nominations are approved manually by the editors.
- Week 2 - Voting: Vote on the ten finalists in each category Saturday, February 22 - Wednesday, Feb. 26 (until midnight EST).
- Winners' Weekend: Winners will be announced Friday February 28.
- How are finalists determined? The top five most nominated blogs in each category will become five of the ten finalists.The other five finalists in each category be chosen from the nominees by our editors and a panel of judges.
- Can I nominate more than one blog? Yes! Nominate as many blogs as you like. The main goal here is to discover and share blogs we love.
- Can someone be a finalist in more than one category? Nope. They can be nominated in all categories, but they'll only be eligible for finalist status in the category where they received the most nominations.
- Why wasn't my nomination approved yet? We manually approve each nomination, and we do this on a rolling basis as quickly as we can.
Remember to nominate blogs in the category where you think they fit best. They'll show up here after we've approved the nomination. Also, past winners are not eligible on this go-round.
Before you nominate a blog, scan the list and see if they're already here. If they are, click the +1 button to register your nomination.
Read more about The Homies and see all past winners!
Comments have been disabled.