It was recently officially revealed that Nigella Lawson's At My Table series is filmed on a set, not in her own kitchen. I hope you aren't among the few whose illusions have been crushed!
While Lawson has never claimed the set kitchen was her own home, some people were disappointed. But the set kitchen is modeled after the one in her home (which, she said on Twitter, she "denuded" to fill the set), which means, among other things, that it might be achievable for people like us — especially if you know where to look.
Here are 10 things you can buy to get the look of Nigella's set kitchen.
- Lomas Kitchen Island, $283 at Wayfair: A stainless steel worktop is unusual for home kitchen counters; try it on a standalone cart instead.
- Eldora Floating Shelf, from $88 at Anthropologie: Her shiny copper built-ins are incredible! Get the look with floating shelves.
- Artisan Series 5-Quart Tilt Head Stand Mixer, $480 at Bed Bath & Beyond: Her copper stand mixer is easy to get — if you have the cash!
- Heritage Round Casserole, $95* at Le Creuset: Colored crockery (in Palm!) looks just as lovely in the oven as it does on the shelves.
- Square Hermetic Glass Bottles, from $3.50 each at The Container Store: Decant your oils and vinegars into clear containers for set-worthy food prep.
- Modern Monogram Mug, $18 at Anthropologie: It'll cost you more than $15 just to ship the mug from the place Nigella's came from. This version is only available online, but Anthro makes it fairly easy to get free shipping.
- Enclume Premier Contemporary Ceiling Pot Rack, $700 at The Home Depot: Just what you need to hang all your skimmers and strainers. You know, like Nigella does!
- All-Clad Stainless Steel Colander, $80 at Sur la Table: Hang this, plus a smorgasbord of skimmers and strainers, from said pot rack.
- Kikkerland Copper Battery Operated String Lights, $9: No one does mood lighting better than Nigella. These are crucial for setting the mood while cooking and entertaining.
- Threshold Check with Solid Kitchen Towel, $6 for two at Target: A set of tasteful, coordinated dish towels to hang ... from your in-wall double oven.
* Le Creuset is offering free shipping for Kitchn readers for the rest of 2018! Just use the code "KITCHN" at checkout and shipping is on them through end of the year.