We have a love/hate relationship with IKEA when it comes to kitchen supplies. (Well, and everything else too, I suppose.) On the one hand, you can find some terrific kitchen tools at low prices. On the other hand, we've been guilty of buying too much and taking home low-quality things we just never use. So now we usually stick to our tried and tested favorite kitchen tools from IKEA.
But every season we do like to look through the new catalog to see if there are any potential candidates for new classics. Here are a few things we are eyeing; have you seen any of them in person yet?
Because, like I said above, while it's best to stick to a few classics at IKEA, every now and then a great new product comes along. One I've been particularly appreciating lately is that one-size-fits-all-pans double boiler. It's perfect for dipping candy and cake balls, and for only $5 too.
Here's a collection of intriguing things from the new spring collection. Have you picked up any of these yet?
• 1 DRÖMMAR red baking pan - Like the angular shapes. $6.99
• 2 FÄRGRIK TROLSK plate - Nice pattern; it comes in blue or red. $3.99
• 3 SOCKERÄRT vase/pitcher - Love the retro vintage styling, and multiple sizes. $6.99-$19.99
• 4 FÄRGRIK TROLSK bowl set - Great new turquoise color in this season's tableware. $2.99/2
• 5 TROLSK melamine serving set - Unusual shapes and nice bright colors. $3.99
• 6 DRÖMMAR pastry cutters - Nice! IKEA is getting into Martha territory here. $5.99
• 7 IDELIG mixing bowl - More of that turquoise color. $7.99-$9.99
• 8 ENVIS spatulas - Great shapes and colors. Detachable head, too. $4.99/2
• 9 FLÄCKIG measuring cup - With see-through window. $1.49
• 10 DRÖMMAR reusable cake doilies - Cute, and they open all sorts of DIY ideas. $1.49/four
• 11 ZITA cotton apron - Nice pattern. $4.99
• 12 DRÖMMAR cookie cutters - We see a snail, a fox, moose, hedgehog, squirrel, and bear. $3.99
• 13 DRÖMMAR stencils - Cake stencils for use with powdered sugar or glittery sugar. $1.49
• 14 Red DRÖMMAR muffin tin - Coated with Teflon. Hmm. $9.99
• 15 SMARTA pie dish - Good plain basic. $6.99
Have you bought anything at IKEA recently that's been worth the trek, crowds, and mad temptation of cinnamon rolls?