National Food Roundup: Milkshake Mix-Up From Nationwide Newspaper Food Sections 6.10.09
This week’s roundup is a mixed bag of tasty recipes: milkshakes with a twist, smoked potato salad, Turkish pizza on the grill, and more.
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch mixes up the milkshake with fruit-filled concoctions like Cholado (pictured), Fruit Lassi Meethi and Spiced Banana Thick Shake.
- More strawberries! The Seattle Times pairs strawberry shortcake with a candied onion jam.
- Do you have a smoker? If so, why not try a Smoked-Potato Salad from The Dallas Morning News?
- The San Francisco Chronicle offers “a million things to do with charred poblanos.” Well, actually it’s more like three, but they look tasty.
- The Oregonian explores the international flavors of bread on the grill with Turkish Pizza (Lahmacun), Grilled Focaccia With Mozzarella Sweet Italian Sausage and Fresh Tomatoes, and Grilled Cilantro-Mint Naan.
- The Washington Post celebrates all things tiki – most importantly, the drinks.
- The Chicago Sun-Times says back-of-the-box recipes are making a comeback.
(Image: St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
Published: Jun 11, 2009