National Food Roundup: Spring Vegetables with GnocchiFrom Nationwide Newspaper Food Sections 05.20.09
Turn your farmers’ market bounty into a Spring Vegetable Stew with Herbed Ricotta Gnocchi. Plus, plenty of barbecue tips and recipes, just in time for Memorial Day.
- The Los Angeles Times says improvisation is the key to cooking from the farmers’ market, but a recipe like Spring Vegetable Stew with Herbed Ricotta Gnocchi is a good place to start.
- The Chicago Sun-Times delivers the “five steps to BBQ nirvana” via barbecue coach Gary Wiviott.
- Not to be outdone, the Chicago Tribune serves up Grilled Fennel and Radicchio with Orange Vinaigrette and Vietnamese-Style Shrimp Pops with Peanut Sauce.
- The Boston Globe grills up some gorgeous Asian Seafood Kebabs with Spicy Salsa.
- Don’t have a grill? Your slow-cooker could be an unexpected summer alternative. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch says it’s a great way to cook indoors and keep the kitchen cool. You can even make a batch of Sweet And Smoky Slow-Cooker Bbq Ribs.
- Feeding a crowd? Try the Miami Herald’s Brick Sandwich, best made the night before and stuffed with goat cheese, tapenade, prociutto and lots of other tasty stuff.
(Image: Gina Ferazzi/Los Angeles Times)
Originally published May 21, 2009