National Food Roundup: Pot-au-FeuFrom Nationwide Newspaper Food Sections 03.18.09
Spring may officially arrive tomorrow, but it still feels like winter in many parts of the country. Warm up with a classic pot-au-feu.
- The Oregonian explores “the many pleasures of pot-au-feu” (pictured).
- Fish is in the news across the country: The Boston Globe looks at community-supported fisheries as a source for the freshest products and a potential boon for a troubled industry. The Chicago Tribune talks to proponents of fish farms and highlights an Indiana farm. The Washington Post (via the Denver Post) folllows bluefin tuna’s journey to sustainable waters.
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch takes clementines and makes clemencello.
- The Miami Herald recalls fond memories of drugstore chocolate malts.
- The Denver Post cooks up a pot of Piperade Braised Beans with Baked Eggs (pictured below). Yum.
Related: National Food Roundup: Meat/Un-meat
Published: Mar 19, 2009