National Food Roundup: Homemade Freezer Pops From Nationwide Newspaper Food Sections 7.22.09
It’s the perfect time for homemade freezer pops, and flavors like mango lassi and Southern sweet tea sound so refreshing. Plus, a giant fruit that looks like a “strange, fat animal with reptilian green skin.”
- The Kansas City Star creates homemade freezer pops in fun flavors like mango lassi, strawberry kiwi, white grape and Southern sweet tea.
- The Miami herald highlights the massive jackfruit, “a wonder of nature that resembles a strange, fat animal with reptilian green skin hanging from the trunk and branches of a handsome, leathery-leafed tree.” Whoa!
- What to do with fresh figs? The Seattle Times suggests Turkey Sliders with California Pepper Fig Salsa.
- The Washington Post hosts a clambake, on the backyard grill.
- Are you a fan of Two (or Three) Buck Chuck? How about a bottle of “three dolla koala?”
(Image: Juli Leonard/Kansas City Star)
Published: Jul 23, 2009