My Carrots Turned Green! Are They Toxic?
Q: Many of the carrots I grow in my home garden have some green color at the top and near the center of the carrot. A friend told me the green part is toxic and should not be eaten. Is this true?
Sent by Orval
Editor: Readers, what do you think about this? Given that carrot tops (once considered poisonous) are actually OK to eat, my hunch is that green carrots are probably OK. This may also be a mixup with the question of green-tinged potatoes. But I’m certainly interested in hearing from other gardeners — have you encountered this?