For the home mixologist or the pro, a cocktail shaker is the basic tool of the trade. But that doesn't mean the shaker itself has to be basic or boring. These shakers do the job and make a statement:
• 1 A Danish modern classic by Arne Jacobsen, available at Amazon. $239
• 2 The polar opposite of Jacobsen's shaker, this traditional-looking glass shaker from Pottery Barn can be monogrammed. $24
• 3 This Boston shaker by Germany's Rösle has measuring marks on the glass portion of the glass-and-stainless-steel shaker. Available at Amazon. $59
• 4 This flip-top shaker at Sur la Table is made for ease of use. $30
• 5 Sweden's Sagaform makes this minimalist shaker with a white enamel exterior and stainless interior. At Huset for $40.
Special mixers can make a great gift for cocktail aficionado or bar tool collectors. Do you have a dream cool cocktail mixer or a reliable standby? Tell us about it below!
(Images: As linked above)