$25 Gifts for Mom That Look Expensive but Aren’t
If spending a lot of money on your mom this Mother’s Day just isn’t in the cards this year, don’t worry — you don’t have to drop $100 to show her how much you love her. You actually don’t have to spend anything, because she’s your mom and you two have a bond that’s so much deeper than physical objects!
Of course, you want to, though. And we get that. That’s why we’ve rounded up these small tokens of appreciation that are all $25 or less.
- Spotted Butter Box, $18 at Leif: Technically, this box can be used for things aside from butter, but butter is the best and we don’t see any reason to suggest an alternate use.
- Toddler Cup, $16 at East Fork: Don’t be fooled by the name of this super-durable cup. While it is the perfect size for tiny hands, it’s also just right for Mom’s espresso or macchiato.
- Sparkly Pineapple Earrings, $25 at J.Crew: So preppy! And so sparkly! As J.Crew put it, these pineapple earrings will add a “tropical punch” to any outfit. Get it?
- Jewelry Tray, $24 at Closed Mondays: This rope basket can hold jewelry by the sink during dish duty or organize bits and bobbles on a bar cart.
- Charmed Keychain, $16 at Anthropologie: For the mom who loves herself some bubbles. Too bad the button doesn’t actually work.
- Soap and Sponge Stand, $22 at fruitsuper: This might not seem like the sexiest gift, but it’s something your mom would never think to buy for herself yet will be so glad to have.
- Bronn and Drohgo Taper Candle Holder Set, $16 at CB2: Show your mom she’s the light of your life with these sleek candle holders.
- Speckled Spice Spoon, $12 each at The Object Enthusiast: Help mom spice up her dinner routine and get her a pair of these cute porcelain spoons.
- Black And White Marbled Enamel Kettle, $25 at World Market: The only thing that will make this gift better is if you actually stop by from time to time to enjoy some tea for two together.
- Brown Butter Milk Chocolate, $9 at Fruition Chocolate: Milk chocolate isn’t just for kids (see: The Best Milk Chocolate Treats for Grown-Ups). Made with single-origin Dominican Republic beans, milk from Ronnybrook Farm, and, yes, brown butter, this indulgent bar is just the thing to go with a sweet, sentimental card.
More gift ideas: 15 Classy Mother’s Day Gifts for $50 or Less