Any time I'm hosting Mother's Day brunch and looking for a surefire win that will feed my whole family, I look to quiches and casseroles made for special occasions. Whether you want something sweet or savory, need something that can be made in advance, or prefer to lean on the slow cooker, these 15 recipes will make any mom feel special.
Quiche is my standard go-to brunch dish for special occasions. It doesn't matter what the fillings are, or whether there's a buttery, flaky crust or no crust at all, quiche always has a wonderful way of feeling fancy. Best of all, it's not actually that tricky to pull off and it can be made in advance.
- How To Make a Foolproof Quiche
- Easy Caprese Quiche
- Roasted Tomato and Goat Cheese Quiche
- Spinach & Sweet Potato Chickpea Crustless Quiche
Sweet Springtime Casseroles
If the leading lady at brunch has a real thing for pancakes and French toast, you can't go wrong with this lineup. Most of these recipes are even better when prepped ahead, stashed in the fridge overnight, and then baked in the morning (along with a batch of bacon!).
- Blueberry Cheesecake Breakfast Bake
- Blackberry Croissant Breakfast Bake
- Orange-Maple French Toast Casserole
- Cinnamon-Sugar Dutch Baby Casserole
Savory Casseroles for Celebrations
I'm a firm believer that you can never go wrong with an egg casserole for any brunch. Each of the recipes in this lineup are made for festive occasions and come with a simple twist that make them feel a little more exciting that your usual Sunday fare.
- Make-Ahead Bacon & Leek Casserole
- Black Forest Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Apple, Sausage, and Smoked Cheddar Breakfast Casserole
- Caramelized Onion, Ham, and Provolone Breakfast Bread Pudding
Slow Cooker Breakfast Casseroles
The slow cooker egg casseroles are the best solution when you can't spend the morning in the kitchen or keep your eye on the oven. Put in a little prep upfront, then let it cook according to your schedule.