A few months ago, Elizabeth showed us the work of Yvette van Boven, a cook, artist and restauranteur living in Amsterdam who creates beautifully illustrated recipes. Here's a round up of a few more hand-made recipes from other artists and cooks. Enjoy!
We haven't seen many hand-illustrated recipes since the days of Molly Katzen' Moosewood Cookbook and Enchanted Broccoli Forest but they seem to be making a comeback. There are even websites dedicated to illustrated recipes like They Draw & Cook and Recipe Look.
These sometimes beautiful, sometimes fun recipes are usually short and simple, and can easily translate to a single page or two. Two favorites are from Nikole Herriott of forty-sixth at grace who's Shortbread Buttons and Cloud Cookies are so sweet.
• Village Salad by Angie
• Cloud Cookies by Nikole Herriott
• Shortbread Buttons by Nikole Herriott
• Pink Lemonade by Sally Welchman
• How to Roast a Chicken by Lea Hernandez
• A Recipe for Love by Adi Firth
• Banana Pancakes by Vicki Smith
• Quick & Lazy Strawberry Salad by Marianna Oklejak
• Salsa Verde by Gennine Zlatkis
• Raw Brussels Sprout and Radish Salad By Christina and Phil
(Images: See links for full image credits)