Midwest Food Roundup: Sausages and Fall Tips
- The Chicago Sun Times talks sausage with local Polish butchers and offers recipes for Barszcz baily (Polish white borscht with sausage) and Pasta Z Kielbasy (Polish sausage salad spread).
- The Times of Northwest Indiana celebrates Oktoberfest with Spaetzle and Bratwurst with Saurkraut and Apples.
- The Cincinnati Enquirer has a simple recipe for apple strudel.
- The Detroit Free Press bakes a heart-healthy Cranberry Carrot Bread. The recipe is here.
- Want to adapt a recipe for a slow cooker? The Chicago Tribune has some tips.
- Finally, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch profiles Persian food with a recipe for Fresh Herb Kookoo.
Published: Oct 23, 2008