Midwest Food Roundup: Pancakes for Every Occasion
Breakfast is a hot topic this week. We’ve got pancake recipes for every meal, and more, in this week’s roundup.
Pancakes and More
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch has pancakes for every meal, inspired by the pancake flight at Chicago’s Orange restaurant. Choose from Lemon Ricotta Pancakes With Warm Blueberry Compote, Vegetable Corn Pancakes, Gingerbread Pancakes, Cloud Cakes and Gluten-Free Pb&J Pancakes. Yum!
- The Detroit Free Press whips up a batch of Oatmeal Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce.
- The Kansas City Star makes a whole wheat version of blueberry muffins.
Drinks and Bites
- The Chicago Sun-Times offers wine-friendly appetizer recipes for Artichoke Crostini and Cranberry Butternut Bruschetta.
- The Kansas City Star says hard ciders are making a comeback.
- The Chicago Tribune offers a haunting Moroccan-style Chicken Bestilla with Sweet Mint Tea.
- The Post-Dispatch helps us mix up our slow cooker meals with tips and recipes.
Published: Nov 6, 2008