Midnight Dinner: Deliciously Dark Recipes for Halloween
I’ve been enamored of these sexy black dishes ever since I saw them last year, and I have had dreams of hosting a sophisticated, spooky Halloween dinner party ever since.
Besides the Roasted Radicchio with Blackberry Vinaigrette, Linguine with Kalamata Olive Pesto, and Chocolate Hazelnut Crepes with Concord Grape Compote from The Jewels of New York, here are a few more elegant black recipes I’m dying to make:
- Black Tahini Hummus from Mighty Foods.
- Black Lentil Snobby Joes at the Happy Foody, from The Post-Punk Kitchen. Okay, maybe a sloppy joe can never exactly be elegant, but these come close.
- Concord Grape Focaccia from The Smitten Kitchen.
- Black Sesame Cupcakes with Almond Icing from Tom Eats, Jen Cooks.
- Chile Blackberry Syrup from 101 Cookbooks — in a cocktail, of course!
– Post by Tess Wilson of Apartment Therapy.
(Images: The Jewels of New York)