Blogger: Sarah Rae Trover
Started at The Kitchn: 2009
Sarah Rae is a veteran contributor to the entire Apartment Therapy network of sites, and we've so enjoyed having her spunky, creative voice here at The Kitchn too! Special projects, new perspectives, a can-do attitude — that's Sarah Rae! We count on her for finding the most interesting and offbeat ideas, and for trying her hand at everything from homemade candy corn to pastry turkeys to mega marshmallows. Read on for a little more about Sarah Rae, and to see her favorite quotes on food and cooking.
A FEW QUESTIONS FOR SARAH RAE
- What's your favorite kitchen tool?
My bench scraper. I hadn't really understood the simple pleasures of quick clean up until I made the decision to either donate it to a friend or put it to use. Once I started, I couldn't stop. It helps me take hot items out of the oven (and toaster oven), cleans my counters and all around makes me look far less messy than I really am, especially when it comes to baking and working with sugar.
- What's your secret indulgence in the kitchen?
Sugar. It's become this oddly dirty word in a world full of over indulgence, but it's just so versatile that it makes every day a science project and a little bit sweeter.
- What's your favorite quote on food, cooking, or eating?
"After all the trouble you go to, you get about as much actual "food" out of eating an artichoke as you would from licking 30 or 40 postage stamps." - Miss Piggy
"Good bread is the most fundamentally satisfying of all foods; good bread with fresh butter, the greatest of feasts!" - James Beard
A FEW POSTS BY SARAH RAE
• On Immersing Yourself In the Food Of Your Neighborhood
• Garage Storage Or Killer Kitchen Island?
• How To Make Chocolate Filled Mini Turkey Tarts
• Found: Mega Marshmallows For Your Summer S'mores
• How To Make Bacon Fat Popcorn
MORE POSTS BY SARAH RAE
• See all of Sarah Rae's posts at The Kitchn
(Images: as credited in above links)