Blogger: Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan
Started at The Kitchn: The very beginning!
If it weren't for Sara Kate, The Kitchn wouldn't exist! She began blogging about food, cooking, nourishment, and her own dinner parties in the autumn of 2005, and I and many others were hooked. She's been a friend and an inspiration ever since. She brings a warmth and a graciousness to her recipes and her weekly emails, and we are all eagerly looking forward to her new book this winter! Read on for Sara Kate's favorite kitchen tool, a great quote on food and cooking, and some delicious posts from her 2010 archives.
A FEW QUESTIONS FOR SARA KATE
- What's your favorite kitchen tool?
My pizza stone probably gets the vote for the thing that makes the most difference. Though the same could be said for a sharp knife over a dull one. Though, come to think of it, life without a bench scraper is pretty inferior as well.
- What's your secret indulgence in the kitchen?
I tend to sneak pats of butter into things when no one is looking. I also recently bought myself a bottle of Argan Oil; that was a big indulgence!
- What's your favorite quote on food, cooking, or eating?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen all at once." - Albert Einstein
I think this is important to remember when cooking and eating. Take your time.
A FEW POSTS BY SARA KATE
• Cherry Lambic Ice Cream Float
• The Naughty Way to Roast a Chicken
• Chocolate Cupcakes (Vegan! Gluten-Free!) and Coconut Icing
• How To Pick a Potato
• Recipe: Sustainable Seafood Stew
MORE POSTS BY SARA KATE
• See all of Sara Kate's posts at The Kitchn
(Images: as credited in above links)