In case you didn't already know, Father's Day is this Sunday. With two small kids, we try to keep things simple for these kinds of minor holidays, so a special meal and a few handmade cards is all we've got planned for celebrating my husband this year.
I did, however, have a really fabulous time and a few good laughs asking my husband what he thought would make a good roundup of recipes for Father's Day dinners this year. There are some classics — steaks and pork chops — but there also a few surprises in the mix. Have a look and see what inspires.
Of all my husband's dinner requests, this steak sandwich is chief among them, but he did say he'd settle for any other steak — grilled, butter-basted, balsamic-glazed.
- Sirloin Steak Sandwiches
- How To Grill Perfect Steak
- How To Cook Perfect Steak in the Oven
- Easy Balsamic Glazed Steak Tips and Mushrooms
- How To Cook Perfect Steak on the Stovetop in 3 Steps
Hosting a bunch of dudes for Father's Day? Burgers are the ultimate make-ahead, crowd-pleasing recipe there is.
- How to Make Juicy Turkey Burgers
- Avocado Turkey Burgers
- How to Make Burgers on the Stovetop
- Sheet Pan Burger and Fries
- Ultimate Beef & Bacon Burgers
- Hawaiian Burgers with Grilled Pineapple
Pork chops and tenderloin are two overlooked options for cooking a memorable Father's Day dinner. Treat them like a steak and you'll be rewarded with a dinner just as satisfying.
- How to Make Pan Fried Pork Chops
- How to Cook Pork Chops in the Oven
- Easy Grilled Pork Chops
- Creamy Mustard Pork Chops
- One Skillet Salsa Pork Chops
- How To Grill the Juiciest Pork Tenderloin in Under 30 Minutes
- Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Is a Weeknight Miracle
- How to Make Great Ribs in the Oven
When I asked my husband what he might put into a Father's Day recipe roundup, his last suggestion surprised me: breakfast for dinner. On his fantasy Father's Day menu? Biscuits, sausage gravy, and fried chicken sandwiches.