Mastering the Art of French Cooking Tops on Amazon The Morning News 8.11.09
Turns out that Mastering the Art of French Cooking (a new edition turned out just in time for the movie) was top of the bestsellers on Amazon.com yesterday. And no, it wasn’t just top of the French cooking section, or the cookbook section; it was at the very top of the entire book list. It makes sense though, right? A lot of people saw the film over the weekend, and now they must learn to bone a duck and wrap it in pastry. It looked so delicious!
This plus more in today’s news, including a new discovery of a link between food stamps use and weight gain, energy grants for farmers, produce trucks in Detroit, and Gourmet Traveller‘s just-released wine awards of the year.
• Mastering the Art of French Cooking on Amazon.com.
• Food stamp use linked to weight gain – at ScienceDaily.
• Rural energy grants for farmers – The federal government just awarded money to certain farmers and food processors to help them increase their energy efficiency.
• Produce trucks bring healthy eating to “food deserts” in Detroit – from the AP
• Australia’s Wine List of the Year Awards 2009 at Gourmet Traveller
Any good food news we missed today?
Yesterday’s Morning News: Julie and Julia Takes Top Honors At the Box Office