Many Americans Ill-Informed About Red Wine, Sea Salt
In today’s food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Apparently many Americans think that sea salt is a low-sodium alternative to table salt. (Oops — no.) Plus, the great supermarket fish scam, and why China struggles with food safety.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Many Americans Ill-Informed About Red Wine, Sea Salt – US News
• In Fighting Anorexia, Recovery Is Elusive – New York Times
• Why China Struggles with Food Safety – Wall Street Journal
• More Than 1 Billion People Are Hungry in the World – Foreign Policy
• The great supermarket fish scam – Daily Mail
• Eliminating Packaged Foods Can Lower BPA Exposure – Fox News
• Behind the Rising Cost of Food – New York Times
• Out Front in the Fight on Fat – Wall Street Journal
• Ending The Food Stamp As We Know it – NPR
• A Wine for This Season’s Asparagus – Spittoon
(Image: Food News Journal)