In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: The hitherto unsuspected defense qualities of a squash. Also, Indian authorities remove coconuts before Obama's visit, and Whole Foods doubles its net income.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Food Network Cooks up Recipe App for IPhone - MacWorld
• Whole Foods Doubles Net Income - ABC News
• Indian Authorities Remove Coconuts Ahead of Obama Visit - TIME
• In the digital age, kitchen help just a tweet away - Washington Post/AP
• Texas food plant tests positive for listeria - CNN
• Ex-cons get zonked on heroin and crack, then cook - Vancouver Sun
• Concern for food safety as vets pick pets over farms - USA Today
• Man Fights Off Robber With Squash - AOL News
• Fresh-faced foodies follow different paths to success - Vancouver Ob.
• U.S. Government Food Program Needs Improving - Bloomberg News
(Image: Food News Journal)