This time last year, it was all ice cream all the time around here...because it was Ice Cream Week! Yes, indeed, we have lots of inspiring ideas for ice cream and its frozen kinfolks, including a foolproof way for making ice cream without an ice cream maker, a recipe for cheesecake ice cream, and an entire gallery of possible toppings.
Posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Beer push-pops? What will they think of next?
• From the sugar jars to the apron, this kitchen is a baker's dream.
• How many of these mushrooms can you identify?
• Milk chocolate or dark, sweet or spiked with chili, we've got a chocolate ice cream for you.
• Bookmark this post of fabulous ice cream toppings if you ever find yourself lacking for inspiration.
• A little kitchen tucked under the stairs!
• If you like cheesecake, you'll love this ice cream.
• Take a break from ice cream slurping for a slice of this ricotta and leek flatbread.
• Frozen artichoke hearts are a freezer staple, perfect for quick weeknight dinners.
• Go behind the scenes at Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams!
• Coconut Mango Rice Pudding Pops. You know you want one.
• Skip the plastic and go with these shiny metal ice cream molds.
• Those old Snoopy Sno Cone Machines were so much trouble...and so very awesome.
• We'd never have guessed this would be Ina Garten's favorite ice cream flavor.
• No ice cream machine? No problem. Here's how to make it with what you've got.
A Year Ago and A Week: Cold Noodles for Hot Days & Tips for the Best Gelato